Ways to Give:
Contributions from people like you make local Best Buddies programs possible. Big, small, somewhere in between—your support won’t go unnoticed. Remember, all donations are tax deductible. Want to double your gift? Check your employer’s matching gift program!
Sponsor a Participant
It’s quite common for companies to have a matching gift program in place. This means that participants may be able to have their donation matched by their employer effectively doubling their contribution towards their fundraising goal.
Click below to look up information on your company’s matching gifts program and policies.
Applying for a matching gift could not be easier. Just follow these five simple steps:
- The donor should check with their Human Resources department to determine if their organization will match a donation made to Best Buddies International (Federal Tax ID # 52-161-4576).
- The donor makes his/her donation either online or with a personal check via mail along with a filled-out collection form to:
Best Buddies Florida
Attn: Joshua Tessier
100 SE Second Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33131
- The donor should also complete the matching gift form from their company and mail it to Best Buddies at the address above
- Once Best Buddies receives the filled out matching gift form, we will compete the bottom half to confirm the donation was received from the donor, and mail/fax it back to the company.
- The company will then process the matching gift and send their matching gift check to Best Buddies. Congrats, you just doubled the donation!
There are a couple things to remember when asking your companies about matching their donations.
Most companies vary in how and when they process checks – monthly, quarterly, bi-annually or annually.
Because of this, it is important to remember that matching gifts do not count toward your fundraising commitment until the matching check is received and processed by Best Buddies. So be sure to handle the matching gift process early and don’t forget to ask when the check will actually be written and mailed into Best Buddies. If the company’s HR department knows you are on a fundraising deadline perhaps they will be able to cut the check more quickly.
We recommend thinking of Matching Gifts as that extra “Icing on the Cake.” That is to say, matching gifts are wonderful to have and a great addition to what you raise with letters, emails and fundraising events. However, we encourage you to not depend on this money making it into your account before the fundraising commitment deadline since we cannot count matching gifts towards your donation total until we receive the actual check.