Date & Location
Madison Drive NW and 3rd Street SW, Washington D.C.
- 7:30 A.M. Registration Opens
- 8:30 A.M. Opening Ceremonies
- 9:00 A.M. Walk Begins
- 9:45 A.M. Pizza & Dance Party Celebration Begins
- 12:00 P.M. Event Concludes
Parking & Directions
- Street parking is available, garage parking is available near the Newseum or National Air and Space Museum
- Public transportation via WMATA is available. The closest station is Federal Center located on the Orange, Blue and Silver lines.
- Ride-sharing platforms should direct their drop-off address to 300 3rd St. SW, Washington D.C. 20001
- Friendship Walk tents will be located on the section of the National Mall facing the Capitol Building, at the corner of Madison Drive NW and 3rd Street SW.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bring sunglasses, a hat, and be sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Water and food are available at the event.
There is no minimum fundraising amount to participate, but any participant who raises $50 or more gets a Best Buddies Friendship Walk T-shirt.
Anyone can participate in the walk. Registration will be available day of as well. Bring all your friends and family!
Check with your local Best Buddies office on this to be sure the event venue is pet-friendly. As long as the walk location permits pets, they are welcome. Service animals are always permitted.
Approximately 4-5 weeks after the walk you will receive an e-mail containing a certificate to go online and redeem your fundraising prize. This gives you time to collect those last minute donations! Please note that you can only redeem one item at or below your fundraising level.
The Best Buddies Friendship Walk is a rain or shine event. Please check your local Best Buddies website and news in the case of severe weather.
Please contact your local Best Buddies office and we will do our best to assist.
Yes, security and medical staff will be on site to facilitate the safety and security of all walk participants.
Yes, please bring your donation to the walk or contact your local Best Buddies staff to discuss processing.