OCTOBER 31, 2020 – The Best Buddies Friendship Walk is going VIRTUAL with a twist! Due to what’s going on with COVID-19, Best Buddies in CT is reimagining this year’s walk to include a virtual AND in person option called HalloWheels: a Halloween drive through experience. Participants here in CT will be able to join us in 2 ways:
1. Participate virtually from the comfort of your own home via Facebook Live OR
2. Join us at our new venue: New Britain Bees Stadium for the HalloWheels experience* on 10/31/20 from 10 am – 12:30 pm
*Please note that registration is limited for the HalloWheels experience and you MUST pre-register!
We want to bring participants together in celebration to enjoy an experience with safety being our top priority. With that, here is what we are planning for the in person, HalloWheels experience:
- Instead of walking the route, participants will be driving it
- There will be staggered drive times: 10:00 am | 10:30 am | 11:00 am | 11:30 am | 12:00 pm
- Participants will arrive 30-minutes prior to their start time to check-in
- There will be TWO Treat Stops along the route to 1. Collect candy (2) bags per vehicle and 2. Pick up a take home arts and crafts kit (2) per vehicle
- To keep participants safe but showing off their Halloween spirit, participants have the option to decorate their vehicles for the “CARstume” contest (oh yes, there will be prizes!)
- A route lined with Halloween spirit
For our virtual viewers and participants:
- We will bring our CARstume contest to our social channels so those at home can join the fun and qualify for a “best of” prize
- We will stream this event for participants that cannot attend in person via Facebook Live
Here’s how it works:
1. Register for the Virtual Walk and if you want to participate in the HalloWheels Experience, select that option upon registration
2. Start fundraising! Set a goal and tell the world why you’re walking or driving & raising money for Best Buddies!
3. On October 31, tune in to your area’s opening ceremonies on the Best Buddies Connecticut Facebook page (Info coming soon!)
5. Share with the world an image/video of your Walk for Inclusion on Facebook/Instagram on October 31 using #MyWalkForInclusion
6. Celebrate our collective fundraising efforts!
Whether you participate virtually or in person, the Best Buddies Virtual Friendship Walk is a chance for you and your closest friends, family and co-workers to join us online as we celebrate our fundraising efforts to sustain and grow our programs locally. Thank you for your support and friendship.