Walker Tips & Tools
We’re all about creating an inclusion revolution here at Best Buddies, and you’re a part of it. Walking is how you show it, and fundraising is how you grow it. You, yes YOU, can move our mission forward, and we’re here to help – that’s what friends are for.
First step: get in on inclusion by raising $50 to earn the official Best Buddies Friendship Walk t-shirt.
You raise funds → we reward you.
Pop Sockets Grip (White/Light Grey)
25 oz. H2go Impact Water Bottle
Encore Wirless Speaker
UI Listed USBP2200m Charger
Graphite Deluxe 15″ Computer Pack
Engraved YETI 14 oz mug
Fastrack 1/4 zip pullover
Nike Sport Duffle
Mini Drone with Camera
JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Men’s Crystal Mountain Jacket
Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones
2 Person Kayak Kit
Grey/Blue YETI Hopper two 30 Soft Cooler
Getaway Camping Package
Weber Q 2400 Electric Grill
Apple iPad Wi-Fi 128GB
*Limited quantities available. Participants are eligible to redeem one item at or below the level achieved. Incentives certificates will be distributed three weeks post event via email. Please add email@example.com to your address book for easy delivery.
Personalize your fundraising page
Please note: Only donations made directly through your Best Buddies Friendship Walk donation page will count towards your fundraising goal. Donations received through 3rd party platforms such as facebook fundraising, gofundme.com, etc will not show in your fundraising totals.
- Upload a photo: don’t be the person that buys a frame and keeps the stock photo in there. Pick an image that means something to you.
- Find your connection: Why are you walking? Why does having friends matter? Who’s your best friend and why? Whether you’ve been involved in Best Buddies for 20 years or you found out about us yesterday, friendship means something to you. Find your story and tell it – people will listen.
Find your peeps
We’ll let you in on a little fundraising secret: no one can do it on their own. *mind blown*
Make a list of who you know, ask them to donate, and then ask them to ask their peeps to do the same. Did you follow that? Good.
- Family & friends: Start with the people who love you – Mom, Dad and your BFF (you can call us Captain Obvious). Then move on to fun uncles and long-lost cousins.
- Your circle: Classmates, teachers, co-workers, neighbors, PTA, church group, alumni group – essentially anyone you’ve talked to in the past year or two
- Your locals: Doctor, dentist, insurance agent, realtor, hair stylist, barber – essentially anyone you’ve given money to in the past year
More pro tips
- Use social media: Not a social media guru? Pop on over to the next tab, “Social Media Tips”
- Send snail mail: Yes, that’s still a thing. Sending old-fashioned letters really works. Just make sure to include a link to your fundraising page or an address where your supporters can send a check.
- Fire off some emails and texts: This whole technology thing is great – it’s the fastest way from Point A to Point B. Get your fundraising link to your network as easily as possible.
- Tell people what you want: People aren’t mind-readers (probably), so be specific. Let them know exactly how much you want to raise and by when.
- Be grateful: This should be a given. Every gift deserves a thank you. Be prompt and sincere with your appreciation.
Get your crew together. Group fundraising can unite your team, bring awareness to Best Buddies, and raise some serious dough. Win, win, win. Here are just a few DIY fundraising event ideas to get your brain storming:
- Karaoke night
- Office jeans day
- Game night
- Bowling tournament
- Wine and cheese party
- Tailgate party
- Cookout or cook-off challenge
- Garage sale
- Video game tournament
- Baby photo contest
Ask your company about their matching gift policy. You could double your donations.
“““You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” -Wayne Gretzky” -Michael Scott” -Best Buddies”””