Register to Walk & Support Best Buddies in your Community:
FloridaFort Lauderdale Gainesville Jacksonville Miami Orlando Palm Beach Southwest Florida Tallahassee Tampa Bay
New JerseyLocation TBD
Virginia & D.C.Virtual Event
Can't find a Walk in your area? Register as a Global Walker!
Walk. Celebrate. Support.
Since 2009, more than 150,000 participants in 60 cities have walked to raise awareness for inclusion, friendship, leadership development and integrated job opportunities for people with IDD. Funds raised at the Friendship Walks help move our mission forward by funding local Best Buddies programs. It also provides a unique opportunity to see our mission in action at the local level. Every dollar raised goes towards making the world a more inclusive, accepting place.
Make a One-Time Donation
Make a one-time donation and help move our mission forward. Simply choose an event to designate where your funds should be directed. Every dollar raised goes towards making the world a more inclusive, accepting place.
Supporting Local Best Buddies Programs
Funds raised through the Friendship Walk benefits Best Buddies – the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
The IDD community that Best Buddies serves includes, but is not limited to, people with Down Syndrome, Autism, Fragile X, Williams Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, traumatic brain injury and other undiagnosed disabilities.
2022 Friendship Walk Fundraising Incentive Program
Introducing the all-new Friendship Walk Fundraising Incentive Program. Each time you hit a fundraising incentive level, we’ll send you an email confirming your shipping address and that item will be immediately sent to you. (Except the $50 participant shirt which will be given to you either on Walk day or picked up the day before the Walk - see your local Best Buddies office for more detail) Incentive levels start at $50 and go up to $1,500. Get all six and you’ll be repping Best Buddies to the fullest!
Create an Inclusion Revolution!
We’re all about creating an inclusion revolution here at Best Buddies, and you’re a part of it. Walking is how you show it, and fundraising is how you grow it. You, yes YOU, can move our mission forward, and we’re here to help – that’s what friends are for.
(AS OF MONDAY, JUNE 7th)
(AS OF MONDAY, June 7th)
- Shannen Coffin (Virginia-DC): $33,760
- David Quilleon (South Florida): $31,050
- Maddy Bram (South Florida): $23,410
- Ashlee Coffman (Arizona): $21,825
- Anthony Shriver (South Florida): $17,350
- Matt Burns (Indianapolis): $14,455
- Kye Mitchell (Tampa): $13,600
- Samuel Spiritos (Maryland): $12,500
- Victoria Gemignani (New Jersey): $11,400.72
- Sarah Arohsohn (South Florida): $11,300
- Kforce (Tampa): $54,838.38
- Change the World – Inclusion (South Florida): $51,291.70
- Miami Country Day (South Florida): $30,955
- IPC – Team Jacob (South Florida): $26,200
- Ashlee Courage Team (Arizona): $23,375
- Jacksonville Citizens (Jacksonville): $21,781
- Citizen Buddies with Heart and Soles (South Florida): $20,493
- Citizens (Chicago): $20,216
- Coyne (San Francisco): $18,760
- Shulman Rogers (Maryland): $15,465
Let's Get Started!
Form Your Crew
Start a team and squad up.
Or join a team (and still squad up).
Make Your Push
Share your your efforts with everyone! Every dollar raised benefits local programs.
Join The Party
Join us online or in-person (Fall 2020) and celebrate!