Register to Walk & Support Best Buddies in your Community:
FloridaFort Lauderdale Gainesville Jacksonville Miami Orlando Palm Beach Southwest Florida Tallahassee Tampa Bay
Virginia & D.C.Washington DC
Can't find a Walk in your area? Register as a Global Walker!
Walk. Celebrate. Support.
Since 2009, more than 150,000 participants in 60 cities have walked to raise awareness for inclusion, friendship, leadership development and integrated job opportunities for people with IDD. Funds raised at the Friendship Walks help move our mission forward by funding local Best Buddies programs. It also provides a unique opportunity to see our mission in action at the local level. Every dollar raised goes towards making the world a more inclusive, accepting place.
Make a One-Time Donation
Make a one-time donation and help move our mission forward. Simply choose an event to designate where your funds should be directed. Every dollar raised goes towards making the world a more inclusive, accepting place.
Supporting Local Best Buddies Programs
Funds raised through the Friendship Walk benefits Best Buddies – the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
The IDD community that Best Buddies serves includes, but is not limited to, people with Down Syndrome, Autism, Fragile X, Williams Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, traumatic brain injury and other undiagnosed disabilities.
Create an Inclusion Revolution!
We’re all about creating an inclusion revolution here at Best Buddies, and you’re a part of it. Walking is how you show it, and fundraising is how you grow it. You, yes YOU, can move our mission forward, and we’re here to help – that’s what friends are for.
(AS OF MONDAY, JUNE 7th)
(As of Monday, May 16th)
- Shannen Coffin (Virginia-DC): $46,182
- Kelly Dyer-Rawlings (New Hampshire): $21,922.50
- Maddy Bram (Miami): $21,800
- Matt Burns (Indianapolis): $19,115
- Sarah Davis (New York City): $15,000
- Ashlee Coffman (Arizona): $12,400
- Vinny Armstrong (Normal, IL): $11,755
- Kye Mitchell (Tampa Bay): $11,755
- Kate Malo (Cincinnati): $10,807
- Ethan Schroeder (Missouri): $10,685
- Kforce (Tampa Bay): $52,615
- Steptoe (Virginia-DC): $47,272
- MAG Aerospace (Virginia-DC): $42,362.99
- In Celebration of Pekka Rinne (Nashville): $30,500.23
- Shulman Rogers (Maryland): $28,856
- Current Builders (Palm Beach): $27,875
- Sandy Spring Bank (Maryland): $25,701
- Miami Country Day Upper School (Miami): $22,775
- NH New York Life (New Hampshire): $22,357.50
- Washington-Liberty High School (Virginia-DC): $21,941
Let's Get Started!
Form Your Crew
Start a team and squad up.
Or join a team (and still squad up).
Make Your Push
Share your your efforts with everyone! Every dollar raised benefits local programs.
Join The Party
Walk with us and celebrate!